Ethernet (Wired Network)
Ethernet networks use Ethernet cables to send information between computers.
ElectronicsJR can help you with:
- Wired Network Design
- Wiring and Installation
- Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Upgrading to Gigabit Network
- Ethernet transfers data at up to 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps, depending on the type of cables used. Gigabit Ethernet is the fastest, with a transfer rate of up to 1 gigabit per second (or 1000 Mbps).
For example, downloading a 10 megabyte (MB) photo from the Internet under optimal conditions can take about 8 seconds on a 10 Mbps network, about 1 second on a 100 Mbps network, and less than a second on a 1000 Mbps network.
- Ethernet networks are inexpensive and fast.
- More Secure
- Ethernet cables must be run between each computer and a hub, switch, or router, which can be time-consuming and difficult when the computers are in different rooms.